Saturday, October 28, 2006

Americans are...

I really shouldn't be surprised by the general public. HELL...I work for the largest retailer in the world. I see thousands of people a day. Some of them on a regular basis, BUT still I am shocked and awed at the behavior and mind set of the everyday American.

EXAMPLE #1: I was at Jack in the Box the other day and I saw this HUGE dude get the largest meal on the menu and what did he have to drink? Diet Coke! Does he really think that's going to make the difference between 390 and 400lbs...?!?...WHEW! Get on a treadmill and walk your ass away or die from a heart attack trying.

EXAMPLE #2: I was walking out to my car from work and saw someone sitting in their car as is was just idling, SQUEALING like nails on a chalk board. They sat there like they didn't hear it while anyone with a block and a half radius was holding their ears. I understand some people don't have the financial resources to fix every little belt and hose on their car, BUT this person was sitting in their car smoking a cigarette...THAT SHIT COSTS MONEY...
The car was running wasting gas while they waited for someone...GAS IS ON A HUGE CLIMB IN PRICE!!! Fucking prioritize shit and fix it step by step...cut some unnecessary items out of your budget.

EXAMPLE #3: Families with so many kids that the parents are overwhelmed! Frankly I think some parents have children solely for the tax break. Shit...when I have kids I'm just gonna name them after the fiscal year they were born in, "Fiscal Year '08...quit hittin your sister Fiscal Year '12..." I'm 26 and have been sexually active for 10 FUCKING years and not once have I spawned a demon. People out there try their damnedest to have just one kid they'll actually love and appreciate while stupid unfit parents are having "little burdens." I was the result of an unplanned pregnancy (despite what my mom says) HOWEVER the difference between my family and others is that my Mom stopped at 3 kids...She was even able to space them about 1st to 2nd = 11years and 2nd to 3rd = 8years. 19 years between the 1st and 3rd child. So accidents happen...but my mom was at least responsible enough to only have an accident on a average of every 9.5 years. That's a good track record!!!

What does all of this have in common? Does my rant actually have a consistent theme?

YES!!! It's ADDICTION!!!

Americans are an addictive society: Drugs, Sex, Food, Spending Money, the list goes on...I'm not perfect, I have my own vices, but at least I'm not blaming everyone for my problems. I'll be the first to say I've got issues, but at least the only person I have to blame is myself. Too many times a day to I hear, "It's not my fault..." "So and so stopped me from completing this task..." "I don't know what I did to deserve this..." The answers to life's problems lie within...

I should really just mind my own business. Leave the world be and focus on myself...but for some reason that I haven't figured out yet...I'm addicted to trying to sort out the wrongs of society. I'm not a shrink, perhaps I need one. I need to just stop looking down on society and realize that I'm a part of what I despise. I need out of retail. I'm tired of subjecting myself to this mental torture...I need to go back to school and train in a field that interests me. Realization is the first step to recovery! Thanks for reading my rant...I hope it made sense...I feel better now...!!!